Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ottawa Folkfest.

I have met a new songwriter and his band wil be closing the folkfest this year. I will be volunteering at the folkfest and tearing down the main stage. This reminds me I need to sleep and also prepare my safety shoes and gloves and check my bass for travel. I am invited to a volunteer party late night tonight/Sunday morning and we can bring our instruments. The new songwriter is a professional associate in non musical work. I am lucky again to have this music contact through other activities. I have a new full time job now and may be able to build my PA system a bit more with my extra money. Or I can pay off the debit I incurred from the PA upgrade.

I would like to have may be 4 vocal microphones and 6 instrument microphones and also some DI boxes or other interfaces. I think buying this many that I will be buying the new discount Shure 58's and 57's which each come with cable for about 75$. This could be about 750$ worth of microphones.

In terms of computer recording I am waiting for an Intel Mac driver for my Quattro pro USB interface. But at this point I am also looking into firewire interfaces. But I should really get more experience with recording with my board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home